Name: Mara Medeiros Domingo
- Medical Degree (MD) obtained at the School of Medicine, National Autonomous University of Mexico; 1984-1989
- Research Fellow in Pharmacology: Department of Pharmacology, National Autonomous University of Mexico. Conducted research in Chronopharmacology; 1989.
- Residency in Pediatrics, Hospital Infantil de Mexico Federico Gómez, National Autonomous University of Mexico; 1990-1992.
- Residency in Pediatric Nephrology, Hospital Infantil de Mexico Federico Gómez, 1993-1995
- Certified by the Mexican Council of Nephrology; February 23, 1996. Recertified unitil 2025
- Graduate of Clinical Pharmacology, School of Medicine, National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM); March-December 1996.
- PhD in Biomedical Sciences, National Autonomous University of Mexico; 1997-2000.
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship. Department of Nephrology/Transplantation Medicine. Weill Medical College of Cornell University. September 2000- October 2003
- Visting Professor UBC Children’s Hospital Vancouver 2013-2015
Chief of “ Unidad de Investigación y Diagnóstico en Nefrología y Metabolismo Mineral Óseo”, Hospital Infantil de México Federico Gómez
Professor of Pharmacology, UNAM
Professor Epidemiology postgraduate program, UNAM
National Researcher Level III, Sistema Nacional de Investigadores, México
President Sociedad Mexicana de Trasplantes
Expresident Instituto Mexicano Investigaciones Nefrológicas
- Renal transplantation: Rejection biomarkers, pharmacokinetics of immunosuppresants, post-transplant infectious diseases, treatment and prevention of post-transplant metabolic síndrome, treatment of chronic allograft nephropaty.
- Biomarkers of kidney disease progression.
- Nutrition and dialysis adequacy in children.
- Hypertension and AMBP in children.
- Bone mineral metabolism in patients with kidney diseases
- Bioethics in nephrology.
- Renal Tubular acidosis
- Genetics in nephrotoxicity
- Early detection of kidney diseases in children.
138 peer-reviewed publications